Thursday, June 13, 2013

Our Little Lemon Drop

Along: 14 weeks!

Size: Our baby is the size of a Lemon. Our baby's face, which is well defined, can make expressions like a squint or a frown. Considering the family that our baby is coming into, I hope he or she is learning to smile and laugh because we sure do a lot of it! Some babies start growing hair on their head or on their face at this time. Shawn and I were both born with a head full of hair, so I'm hoping this baby continues with that tradition! If our baby is a girl, her eggs will have already developed inside her ovaries and if our baby is a boy, his prostate gland is developing.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm not sure how much weight I have put on, but since we have been indulging in just about everything here in Florida, I'm sure the scale will show some change when I go to my next appointment.

Maternity Clothes: None yet! I even busted out a bikini today while at the pool. I know, I'm brave.

Gender: I'm still thinking that we are having a girl and Shawn seems to be jumping on the girl train as well. If you ask my Dad, he is all boy. He has been calling the baby his Grandson all week!

Movement: None yet! Still looking forward to when this happens!

Sleep: This week sleep has been so much better. I'm not sure if it's actually getting better or if I am just that exhausted from being up early and spending all day at the parks. Either way, I'm thankful for a straight 8 hours of sleep.

What I miss: Riding roller coasters! I'm sure that if I weren't in Florida going to the Magic Kingdom, Islands of Adventure, etc. this wouldn't be an issue, but since I'm here, I am definitely missing the thrill of a good coaster. However, I'd do anything to keep this nugget safe.

Craving: I still don't think I have any true cravings. If I have something too sweet, then I want something salty to cover it up and vice-versa, but other than that, I'm not craving anything in particular. 

Symptoms: I seem to  have turned a corner in the nausea department, which has been great! I still get pretty cranky if I let myself get hungry though. I also have a tendency to shed a few tears at the drop of a hat. I have always been an emotional person, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.  

Best Moment of the Week: We've been in Florida all week with my family, so to me the whole week has been a highlight, but yesterday was our 3rd Wedding Anniversary and we spent it at Islands of Adventure, which means I FINALLY got to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! It was an amazing day full of butterbeer, wands, pumpkin juice and of course MAGIC! Here are a few pictures from that day. I'll  blog a full post of the whole Florida adventure once we get back!


Hogwarts

Drinking Butterbeer!



Wands at the Ready!












I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment