Thursday, November 21, 2013

37 weeks!

So I figure I should start with what really matters...has there been any labor progression. And the answer is, yes. However, it was a little too much for my OB. On Tuesday afternoon I took advantage of the semi nice weather and went for a run/walk. I ran a little over a mile and half and walked 2 more miles. When I got back, sorry if this is TMI for some, I noticed a little spotting, so I did what I was supposed to do and called the OB because I was having some cramping as well. Little Luda was still bouncing around in my belly as usual, so I wasn't too concerned, but the OB did want me to go to the Birthing Inn, to be monitored. Shawn had just gotten home, so I took a shower, got ready, grabbed a snack and we headed to the hospital. When I got there, the nurse, like me wasn't too concerned and thought we would just monitor the baby for 30 minutes or so and then I'd get to head home. Well after 30 minutes the nurse came back and asked me if I was feeling anything. Turns out I was contracting every 3-4 minutes with a moderate intensity. Who knew that belly tightness and twinge in my back was a contraction...not this first time mom! Anyways, they had be down lots of fluid in hopes that a little hydration would slow the contractions, which it did not. The end result was a subcutaneous injection of Terbutaline, basically an anti-contraction medication. I'm still up in the air about the whole scenario, but Little Luda has handled everything like a champ, so that is all I am worried about. I went back to the OB yesterday and as of then I was 1 cm dilated and 20% effaced. Still a long ways to go, but hopefully we'll be meeting our Little Miss or Mister sooner rather than later!
 
Here we are hanging out getting monitored.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
And now, our usual stats:

Along: 37 weeks...Little Luda is the size of a swiss chard.

Size: Our Nugget is weighing in at about 6.3 lb and measuring roughly 19.25 inches. At this time our baby's organs should be fully developed and prepared for the outside world. Yay!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 25 pounds as of yesterday. 


Maternity Clothes: Loving all my stretchy, comfy clothes! Thanks mom for spoiling me!

Gender: I had a baby boy dream last night, but in my dream Shawn and I each had a different name picked out for the baby. I can't wait to know if I am going to have a son or daughter...any hour/day/week would be fine by me!

Movement: We're still having lots of movements, although I am noticing that our Nugget seems to be super active and then rest for a while...maybe he or she is forming sleep patterns already? I'm just going to plan for no sleep and be super excited if I get any!

Sleep:  I've had a few bad nights this week with lots of hip pain and cramping (which I now know are contractions). However, I've had time for naps in between getting everything ready for the baby, so I still feel pretty rested throughout the day.

Exercise: I was still running up until Tuesday, but I think I am going to stick to walking from here on out with a little pre-natal yoga thrown in there just for kicks.

Cravings: I have loved PB and Banana bagels this week and have started making a weekly visit to Panera Bread for a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel and Decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte. Definitely one of my favorite moments of the week!

Symptoms: Looks like I can officially put contractions on here as well as the hip and sciatic nerve pain. Heartburn has been it's usual...we totally should have invested stock in Tums!

Best Moment of the Week: On Saturday my parents came up for the evening to bring us our glider for the nursery and to help install ceiling fans in all the rooms. We had our blinds installed that day as well, so there were a lot of items checked off our list of to do's before Little Luda arrives and it felt great! The nursery is 95% finished with just a few things to hang and of course a Nugget to arrive! I'm so happy with how it turned out! Here are few pictures:


 

Don't worry, the Teddy Bear (aka Georgia), will not be sleeping with the Nugget!










 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. LudaFam: This is the best online "Our baby's a'comin' journal-blog I have ever seen! It's so fun to follow along. You guys are going to be outstanding parents together. Praying for you and miss seeing you around Radford. Blessings! -- Fritz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fritz! It has been so fun to document our journey towards parenthood and we can't believe we'll be meeting our Nugget any day now. We miss you guys too and are hoping to make a trip to Radford once Little Luda arrives! Hope all is well with you!

      Delete