Thursday, November 7, 2013

Yes Honeydew, we do love you! 35 weeks!


Along: 35 weeks...Little Luda is the size of a honeydew melon!

Size: This week Little Luda is weighing about 5.25 pounds and roughly 18 inches long. At this point all of our Nugget's major organs are nearly complete! The kidneys are completely developed and Little Luda's liver is capable of processing waste. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of yesterday I was up 24 pounds, I think Halloween candy and all the other sweets I have been craving are catching up to me. With that being said, I'm ok with that number. My original goal was to try to stay around 25 pounds, so we'll see what happens. As I always say, a healthy Baby and a healthy Mommy are all that we are worried about. 


Maternity Clothes: I'm rocking mostly maternity clothes these days. They are so much more comfortable and seeing as I am only in this stage of life for a limited time, I may as well take advantage it. 

Gender: For the first time EVER I had a mother of a patient tell me I was having a girl and with all my girl dreams that I have been having we are definitely riding the girl train this week. I'm literally dying to know at this point!

Movement: Little Luda has been his or her active self. At my appointment this week the doctor told me that they are pretty sure that the baby is head down, which is good news! I'm just hoping the Nugget stays that way!

Sleep:  I take what I can get!

Exercise: We went for several walks this week and I squeezed a short 2 mile run on Tuesday. I definitely feel better on days that I walk/run, so I am trying to do that as much as possible. Big "race" this weekend!

Cravings: Sweets will remain at the top of my list, along with their close cousin, salads. I really need to watch what I'm eating a little bit more, but everything tastes SO GOOD!!

Symptoms: Heart burn, back pain, some abdominal cramping and LEG cramps! I have woken up with cramps in my legs several times a night this week, definitely not fun!

Best Moment of the Week: I've worked 6 of the last 8 days, so there hasn't been much time for relaxing, but we did manage to get some more work done around the house. We added a few touches to the Nursery and have been hanging up pictures around the house. I feel like I have so much to do before Little Luda comes and even though I know he or she won't really care what the house looks like, I just want everything to be perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment