For the last several years our family has made the drive down to the beautiful shores of North Carolina for a week or so away from the everyday hustle bustle of life. It's a staple family vacation and even though we always say we want to go somewhere different, I think there is just something about the OBX that will keep us coming back year after year.
This year was extra special because it was the Nugget's first trip! All things considered, she did awesome. Her naps were great, thanks to Papa and Uncle Luke staying in the camper with her while us ladies stayed on the beach and she slept pretty well throughout the night. (She is working on tooth #2, so she was a bit fussy, but we got her an Amber Teething Necklace and it really dose seem to be helping.) Despite the change in scenery she still ate pretty well, although she was easily distracted by all her family being around. Uncle Luke even tried some creative techniques to try and get her to eat more of her dinner. Speaking of Uncle Luke...he is married and we got to hang out with him and his WIFE on the beach!! I Just love saying that. Anyways, Emerson loved the water, sand and sun! We bought baby pool and filled it with ocean water and she seemed so content just splashing and playing. I think it's possible that we may have a future beach bum on our hands and I am definitely okay with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment