Thursday, July 23, 2015

34 Weeks - Only 6 to go!

It's crazy to think that the first time we saw our sweet Luda Bean he or she was measuring small at 6 weeks and here we are with just 6 weeks to go and our sweet baby is measuring "big". I'm 34 weeks today and baby was measuring at 34 1/2-35 weeks at my appointment this morning, maybe we'll have an August baby after all.  Baby's heart rate was in the 130s and my blood pressure and heart rate were both great. Needless to say with just 6 weeks to go I am glad that I have been able to have another healthy pregnancy, so far!

The bump makes the perfect pillow. 

Along: 34 Weeks














Size: The great news is that if I were to go into preterm labor, at this point babies born between now and 37 weeks generally do fine. And although they may have a few short term health problems, they usually do as well as full-term babies. With that being said, I want Luda Bean to keep on baking! As of now he or she is weighing about 4 3/4 pounds and measuring 18 inches long, about the size of a cantaloupe. Fat layers are filling out, skeletal bones are hardening and the central nervous system and lungs are continuing to mature. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Holy weight gain...up 30 pounds. 

Gender: Crazy to think that in 6 weeks give or take we will either be tied up or the Ludeker girls will be running away with it! 

Movement: Yes, yes, yes. Still have tons of movement going on. I commented to Shawn that when I was pregnant with Em she'd always sleep/lay still after a long walk or run, but this baby seems to kick it into high gear once I stop, as if he/she is saying, "Keep going Mommy!" I'm sure I'll need that encouragement once our Luda Bean arrives. 

Sleep: Still no complaints, other than the crazy vivid dreams. I've always been prone to "bad" dreams and when I am pregnant that all seems to intensify. There have also been several nights that I have woken up with cramps in my calves...the worst!

Cravings: No new cravings. Just trying to stay balanced and right now that means balancing my savory with all the sweet! Ice cream, please!

Symptoms: Leg pain, nausea, heartburn and the worst.My linea nigra returned in full force, a change in skin pigmentation on my abdomen due to hormones and my belly itches from my skin stretching. I am so glad that I have been using Belli Oil to help prevent stretch marks and keep my skin hydrated. I've also been having braxton hicks contractions, but nothing serious. Just getting me ready for the real deal. 

Best Moment of the Week(s): There haven't been any big happenings over the last two weeks, but every day I have just been embracing each moment for what it is. A chapter in our lives that will soon be coming to a close as we start a whole new adventure. It puts a lump in my throat and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. The nerves are definitely still there and I am praying that the Lord will calm those nerves and help us all transition smoothly to our new roles. Mom of two, Dad of two and Big Sister, but we are definitely getting anxious to meet our Luda Bean.

Goals for the next 2 Weeks:
Enjoy the next two girls weekends;
      Annapolis with close friends and Wilmington with my cousins!
Read as much as I can in my "free" time and sleep. :)
Continue to stay active; we walked or jogged a total of 14 miles during weeks 32&33.
      (Not a lot by any means, but I am still proud that I am continuing to keep moving.)
Finish up the final touches on the Kiddos room.


Dr. Luda! My OB asked if she wanted to come to surgery to be his assistant and she proudly said, "Yes!" Haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment