I want to start off by saying that I have some goals for the month of October. Number 1, get more rest before I have to go into work. I was reminded this week by a co-worker that I don't have to be super mom and it's OK to be tired. With that being said, I'm going to make more of an effort to rest when I need it, even though I already feel like I "rest" quite often. And although Number 2 may seem like I contradiction to number 1, I'm making it a goal to walk/jog 50 miles with the Nugget this month. I feel so much better on days that I am able to get out there and get moving, so I'm going to keep on keeping on as long as Little Luda lets me and of course do lots of resting too! ; )
Along: 30 weeks! Little Luda is the size of a cabbage.
Size: This week Nugget is measuring 15.7 in and weighing just about 2.75 pounds. Little Luda's face is starting to look like what he or she will look like when born, but definitely still has some chub to gain. The Nugget can move his or her head, open his or her eyes, and make breathing movements. Although Little Luda would have a good chance for survival if he or she were born today, we prefer to let the Nugget bake to his or her fullest potential, so bake, baby bake!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: My guess would be between 17 to 18 pounds. I feel like every scale tells me something different, but the one that counts is the doctor's. I have another appointment next week, so we will have another official number then!
Maternity Clothes: Mixture of both. I have a few tops, dresses and skirts that I purchased before pregnancy that are working well for my new body, but when it comes to pants, maternity jeans all the way!
Gender: 10 weeks until the big reveal...I really can't wait to hold Little Luda in my arms for the very first time, boy or girl.
Movement: We have movement all day long. On Tuesday, Shawn thought it would be fun to poke the Nugget and wait for the baby to react. I love watching him interact with my tummy and I know that I am going to love it even more once Little Luda is here with us.
Sleep: I'm happy to say that my streak of good sleep seems to be continuing. I may not stay asleep as long as I'd like, I'm making regular trips to the bathroom these days, but when I do sleep, I sleep soundly and that I am thankful for. However, no amount of sleep seems to be enough. It seems like the third trimester exhaustion may be hitting me a little earlier than I'd like.
Cravings: Milk and Ice Cream, which is most likely why I'm feeling super full all the time and like I have put on a few more pounds that I should have in the last couple weeks. I also remembered just how much I love candy corn this week while I was at work. Looks like I am going to have to stock up for the fall season! And I can't forget ice water, I love having something cold to drink!
Symptoms: Heartburn, hip and back pain, and a tight, full belly. Most of these "symptoms" only occur at night and are pretty tolerable. As I always say, we just want a healthy Nugget, so I'll take the symptoms.
Best Moment of the Week: Sometimes the "best moment" isn't always the easiest moment. This week has been hard to say the least, but in the midst of all the hard, God continues to remind me of all the good. Wednesday we were originally scheduled to close on our home, but we found out earlier in the week, that the date would not be attainable and we were hoping for Thursday. Then on Wednesday, we found out the Thursday too, was a no go. I was a wreck, I cried a lot, but through every moment of the day, I knew that God was in control. It was hard to see that. Shawn and I had been looking forward to this day since we started building in April and for the day to come and pass was a bit devastating to me. Thankfully, I married a man of action and I watched as he worked tirelessly to do what was best for our little family. I watched him fight for us, even though we were fighting something that we had no control over, "our part" of the closing process had been completed for some time. He handled every conversation with such grace and patience and even though I didn't want to hear it, he continually reminded me that everything was going to work out as it was intended to, I just had to be patient and pray. So that's what we did. We walked, talked, prayed and I listened on, a very proud, pregnant and emotional wife, as Shawn had conversation after conversation working hard to make whatever part of the process he could handle as smooth as possible. As of tonight we are still waiting word on when we will be able to close on our home. It's hard for us to understand just how this first home buying chapter in our lives is going to end, but we know that God is not surprised by any of this and that we can only hope and pray as we play the waiting game.
In the midst of my hurting, I listened to this song. It was a song I had heard before, but was brought to my attention a couple weeks ago by my dear friend, who has been such a support though this whole process...so much so that we've been living with them for the last 2 months. I know that this scenario, may not seem that bad, but the truth is, I have been tired. Tired of talking to loan officers and worrying about interest rates and closing costs. Trust me, I hear myself, expecting my first little blessing in December whose Daddy has been the perfect husband for me and purchasing a home are both WONDERFUL things, but with these wonderful things, comes a certain amount stress. I just want everything to be perfect, but like me, everything isn't always perfect, at least by my standards, but God is perfect. And His plan for Me, Shawn and Little Luda is perfect. So with that being said, I know that God will win out in every scenario. That in trusting Him, he can put together all the pieces of me that feel broken and exhausted from this trial and make it a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment