Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My First Mommy's Day

I had the privilege of celebrating my first Mother's Day this past weekend. Although I was pregnant last year, and in my eyes a Mother at that time, this year I was celebrating motherhood with my bundle of joy actually in my arms versus being snuggled in my belly!

Mother's day has always been important to me, because fortunately I have a mother that is worth celebrating, not just on a particular day in May, but every day of the year. She has shown me time and time again what unconditional love looks like; embracing me and my siblings and loving us even in are weakest moments. She has shown me how a godly woman should love her husband, with gentleness, kindness and respect. She has taught me how to love and serve others and how to be selfless even when she has every right to be selfish. She is a woman that I love and respect and I hope that one day my Little Lady will be able to say the same about me. 

So thank you Mom. Thank you for being the most perfect Mom for me and an even more perfect Granny for my girl. We love you.



Sunday was also important because we had Em's Baby Dedication at our church. It was such a beautiful time to come before our family and church family and commit to raising Emerson as the Lord would have us. To loving her and showing her the love of God. Our prayer is that one day she will make the decision to follow Christ and we are so thankful for the loved ones that we have in our life to help guide her in that direction. We are blessed beyond measure and are so thankful for our girl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment