There are so many different "products" out there and as a new Mom I thought that I NEEDED all of them and going into a store like BuyBuyBaby or BabiesRUs without a game plan could be any new Mom's worst nightmare. Thankfully I had a heavy dose of reality from experienced and more organized Mommy friends of mine before starting my registry and am proud to say that I put every item that I received at my baby showers to good use.
Of all the items that I received, I have to admit that my "Babywearing" items are the ones that I thought I would use, but had no idea how much. I knew that I would love the snuggles, but once I got involved in the world of baby wearing I dove in head first and fell instantly in love.
So without further a due, 12 months of baby wearing.
We started out with the Moby wrap, and I LOVED it. It does have a lot of fabric, but once I got a good handle on how to wrap it, I was able to pop Em, in and out with ease. I love the closeness that it provided and since she was born is December, the fabric, which is thick and a bit warm, was perfect. This particular wrap got a TON of use and I have it tucked away for whenever baby #2 decides to make an appearance.
| Nugget's first baby wearing experience at 3 weeks old. |
We were also gifted an Ergo baby carry. We used it a couple of times while Em was itty bitty, but really started using it once she was bigger and had better head and neck control. Shawn is a particular fan of this carrier because it's easier for him to get it on and off, although I have wrapped her to him several times.
| Just before turning 2 months old. |
| 3 months old. This was after walking for 2 hours and she was still nice and snug. |
![]() |
Our first few attempts at back carries.
I also purchased a ring sling at a consignment sale. It was a steal in my opinion and I love having this in the car as my "go to" for when we are out and about. It is so easy to put her in and out of this one, especially when we are going to be making multiple stops.
![]() |
| Even Aunties love baby wearing! |
| Putting up Christmas decorations at Granny and Papa's house. |
| Snoozing on Daddy's back at Christmas Town. |
As you can see Em loves being worn, for the most part. There are definitely days when she wants to get down and explore the world around her, but as long as she is comfortable being wrapped up I'm happy to do it. I know there will come a day that she is too big, but for now, I'll enjoy the snuggles.





No comments:
Post a Comment