Sunday, April 12, 2015

16 Months

This past month has been a whirlwind. We've had lots of happy family moments, mixed in with a few rough and scary moments. I'll start with the bad and end with the good.

We've had our second trip to the ER this month and it was the night before we left for California. The first was for her allergic reaction to peanuts and this time it was for a febrile seizure. Fortunately this is something that I have seen numerous times since I started working in the Peds ED and Shawn and I had already had conversations about them. Despite that, it was still a very sad thing to go through and I was thankful that after several tests, sweet girl was sent home to rest up and get ready for her big trip. Needless to say we have had enough ER visits for this year and I'm hoping that we are able to steer clear for a long time!

Some of the highlights of the month have been our trip to California (you can see more about that in my previous post), Easter egg hunts and playing at the park. Sweet girl loves to be outside and sometimes it is a battle to get her to come back in. I've loved the nights that I have actually had to wash her hands before dinner because they were so dirty from playing. Em has also become my biggest fan while we are on "runs" together and I like to pretend that all her hooting is her telling me just how fast I am going. She loves to wave at cars while she is in her stroller and I think it is the best when they notice and wave back. She is a ball full of energy and I love watching more and more of her personality develop. 

Her vocabulary is expanding and although she isn't retaining all the words, she is getting pretty good at repeating. She has added a new animal sound to her list, "quack, quack," and is now saying Duck, Papa, Nana and signing please. Just the other day she put two words together and was saying over and over, "No more," while looking at the empty wrapper of her cereal bar. She is just so darn smart!












No comments:

Post a Comment