Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Weeks 26 & 27 - Round TWO!

Along: We'll be 27 Weeks on Thursday. I'm going for a mid-week post since I have the time to write today!

I thought it was time for a comparison shot...
From what I can tell I am a bit bigger and much more round with Luda Bean...or I could blame it on the lightening and the fact that I am wearing white. But seriously, who am I kidding, there's a healthy growing baby in there!

26 weeks, 6 days with Luda Bean

26 and 27 Weeks with EPL


Size: Over the last two weeks baby has been growing and so have I! During our last I was measuring right on track at 26 weeks which makes me feel like baby is going to be bigger than his/her Big Sister, since she consistently measured a week behind. The nerves in Baby's ears are better developed and becoming more sensitive to sound, so Bean is not only hearing my voice, but he or she may be able to pick up on the voices of those I am having conversation with, like Daddy's and Big sisters. Which is a good thing, because they both love talking to the Baby. Sweet baby's lungs are also becoming more and more developed as practice breathing is occurring with Bean breathing amniotic fluid in and out. By the end of the week Bean will be weighing roughly 2 pounds and measuring about 14 1/2 inches long. Our sweet baby's eyes are starting to open and shut and sleep is starting to occur at regular intervals...lets just hope those cycles are occurring as they should, awake during the day and sleeping at night. 



Total Weight Gain/Loss: I came in at about 20 pounds last Thursday. The pounds have definitely been rising, but I just keep telling myself that I am having a big baby. ;)

Gender: We're still having a lot of people that are guessing boy. At my last OB appointment Baby's heart rate was 137, which is lower than with Em's, so maybe that's a sign that we are having a boy, maybe not. Either way my guess is still girl. I think it would be so fun to have sisters growing up close in age, but I also think that having a baby boy would be whole new adventure for us. Either way, we are just so, so excited to give Em a sibling. Luda Bean we are so excited to meet you!

Movement: We are loving all the movements, a lot of which we can see. Sweet baby even had the hiccups for the first time this week! At least it was the first time I noticed them.

Sleep: Sleep is my favorite and most days I feel like I get a enough, but there have been a few days this week where I was just exhausted and couldn't sleep often or long enough!

Cravings: I think I am going to go with Nutella. I love really like it and have started the habit of putting it on my waffles in the morning, but it is just fine right off the spoon as well!

Symptoms: I've had sore muscles in my legs and feet and a bit of heartburn, but nothing major. 

Best Moment of the Week: These last two weeks have been so busy, we celebrated the holiday with my parents and Em had her first swimming experience in their pool, which she loved despite it's freezing temperatures. I passed my glucose test! YAY! And then over this past weekend I was in North East, Maryland serving as the camp nurse for FCA Leadership Camp. Luke, had asked me a couple weeks ago if I would volunteer and I loved having the opportunity to use my nursing skills for the Lord. We also have so many things that we are looking forward to this week and next, starting with Shawn and I going to a baseball game on Thursday and then next week we have our Anniversary/Maternity photography session with the ever talented Abby Grace Monday, a date night Tuesday,  we leave for Nashville Wednesday and our 5 Year Anniversary is that Friday! Busy, Busy, but so many things to be thankful for. :)

Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment