I'm not sure when she first started asking questions, but now that she has, they are endless. I love that she has questions, especially that since for now, I can usually answer all of them. Her asking questions is a way of exploring, of finding out just what is going on and a way of being including.
One very common question is, "What are you doing?" This one is pretty easy to answer and I try to always have a good response. The only down fall is that she asks it over and OVER and she doesn't always accept the answer of, "looking at you!" Sometimes when she asks this I've been preoccupied with the dishes or folding laundry or the dreaded phone and her question stops me in my tracks and makes me realize that what I should be doing is focusing on my every growing, every changing, loving and so curious two year old!
Another goodie is, "What happened?" This almost always comes after she has done something. When she asks it I feel like she is just checking on me, making sure I was doing my Mommy duty and paying attention to all the mischief she is getting into.Whether it be spilling her milk, dropping food on the ground and more recently peeing in her underwear, she always wants to make sure we see what she's up to. The first time she peed in her underwear the look on her face was priceless because she really had no idea what was happening. I should have snapped a picture as she stood there analyzing the puddle of pee, but I'll just have to stick with my mental picture for now.
So, as the questions keep coming, I can only hope that I have the knowledge to answer them or at least point her in the right direction. I can only imagine the things that she is going to be curious about as she grows, but for now I'm going to enjoy the innocence of my sweet baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment