Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Third of the Month - February Edition


This past month has been a bit of a whirlwind. It was the first month of the year, which means that I was supposed to set all my goals and accomplish so much more because it was a fresh start, a new beginning per say. Well, I'm going to call it a trial run and say that February 1st was my, "new year," mainly because it's Wednesday and we've had a great week so far! So, Happy New Year...again. ;)

Soybean is FIVE months old, which means two things. One, we start solids next month, little man has been doing so well just on Mommy's milk and two, we are getting closer to having TWO mobile little beings in our life. We better get ready.

                                                 











This month little man has found his feet and Mommy's hair. Both of which he loves pulling on. He also, may have got a handful of sister's hair a time or two, much to her displeasure. I wish she could understand that this is only the beginning of what life is like with a younger brother! Only time will tell how their relationship will develop, but at this rate, I'm thinking we are going to have two very loving siblings because little man ADORES his big sister. It has become pretty common for me to find him staring up at her while she dances, jumps and twirls her way around the living room. He full on belly laughs at her and she just loves the attention.




















Soybean is playing more with toys, gaining more core strength, holding up his head and trying to sit up with A LOT of assistance. He absolutely adores his sister and I love that with each passing day he is becoming more and more engaged with her and her with him. In terms of numbers, our man is weighing roughly 17.5 pounds, give or take, wearing 6-9 and 9 month clothing and size 3 diapers. After several blow-outs during our FLORIDA trip [little man took his first flight and had a mini getaway with Mommy while Daddy and big sister stayed home and got stuck in the blizzard], I knew that it was time to size up! Little man is so happy and hardly ever cries, but when he does, it's a doozy. Quivering lip, real man tears; it's the saddest. [Just a side note. I did look up the word "doozy" and the first thing Google came up with is, "something outstanding or unique of it's kind," which is an accurate description of Soybean's cries. ]
For now, we have a Mommy's boy, which is good because his big sister is a self proclaimed Daddy's girl, although she has started saying that I'm her best friend; talk about heart melting. Having two little ones has meant double the blessing and looking back, it's hard to believe that I was so nervous. Yes, the hard days still come, but they are becoming less frequent and I know that there are things even about those "hard" days that I will one day miss. So, I'm enjoying having my hands and heart full, embracing the mess and loving on my sweet 5 month old and precious 2 year old.

Happy Wednesday!














No comments:

Post a Comment