Friday, March 4, 2016

Soybean's first 1/2 birthday!

Yesterday our little man turned 6 months old. SIX MONTHS! I can barely wrap my mind around the fact that he has been out of the womb for 6 months.


Even with the "extra" day in February, I feel like the past month has flown by. With that being said, Happy Birthday to all those that only get one every 4 years!


Last month I was preparing to start solids for our little man and we jumped the gun and gave him his first taste of solid food on Monday this week. Sweet potatoes were the first thing that E had, so we thought we'd go ahead and start there this time around too. So far, not a fan. He broke out a little bit around his mouth, after eating them, but I have a feeling it is because I mixed it with some of my breast milk. I believe he may have a sensitivity to something in my milk, but because we have a happy, growing baby boy, we have made the decision to leave things the way that they are. Speaking of breast milk, this may be TMI for some, but Bean is the sweetest when he is nursing. He's always smiling and cooing and I love how excited he gets right before we eat, so much so that he pulls me to him. [I'm sure he will not appreciate me writing that one day!] So, last night we gave him sweet potatoes with a bit of water to thin them out and things went much better. He took them down and had no signs of rash, so hopefully we are moving in the right direction. We'll give him another few days with just the sweet potatoes and then hopefully add new things to his diet!





















Bean loves talking, smiling and drooling, but is just as content to sit and watch his sister put on a performance. He is trying to scoot around and sit up, and still hasn't mastered truly rolling, "all over the place." Front to back is the only one that he has done, but he twists his body into some pretty uncomfortable looking positions without actually rolling over, so I think he's getting closer. I'm not sure on his exact weight and size, we go to the MD next week, so I will know more then. As far as clothes, he fits bets in 6-12 or 9 month clothing and is wearing size 3 diapers. Although his first sweet potato poop made it seem like he wasn't wearing a diaper at all!


I feel like it's a tough thing being the second child. As a mother I can't help, but want to look back and see when Em reached her milestones, but the fact is, he is not Em and he will reach his milestones at his own time. Each of my children are blessings and each of my children were made in God's image. Expecting them to be doing everything exactly the same would be me limiting the creativity of our creator and I'm not going to do that. They are different because God made them different and I am loving that I get to be the mom to two totally different and totally unique personalities with Soybean being my, "sit back and take it all in," little man.


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are you works; my soul knows it very well."
Psalm 139:13-14












2 comments:

  1. Hey! This is Meghan B. Just curious why you thought it would be a reaction to your breast milk if he had your breast milk before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little man has had eczema since early on, which doesn't always mean and allergy or sensitivity, but I feared that it would be. He could have just been reacting to having sweet potatoes on his face for the first time, but when I thinned the food with bottled water he had no skin changes at all. I also put a drop of cows milk on his forehead the next day to see what would happen and he got red and splotchy in that spot. All that to say, he's not allergic to anything in my milk because other wise he would have other symptoms...poor weight gain, spitting up, blood in stool, etc, but I do think that dairy is hard for babies to digest in general and he may have a little sensitivity to that. Not sure if that makes sense at all! Haha. Sorry for the lengthy reply!

      Delete