And although the Lord does not work on our time table of "instantly" he was healed and our stay in the hospital was, in the grand scheme of things, short. Even so, we spent the first half of last month just trying to recover from our little hiccup. Follow-up appointments, reactions to medications and just trying to keep everyone healthy, meant lots of canceling and rescheduling our typical day to day activities. So, with everything a bit off-kilter last month, I am eager to start the month of May.
Today our little man is 8 months old, which means in exactly 4 months he will be ONE, which means it's time to start planning that big first birthday bash. I'd say I was kidding, but I'll be honest, I am already feeling the urge to get the ball rolling on his celebration.
This little guy has brought me so much joy and even though I've worried more than I should about his weight gain (he's 21+ pounds), that he doesn't sleep through the night or seem to be on MY time table for when he should be doing this or that, he is perfect. He loves to sit up and watch the world around him, back himself into corners (literally), chew on just about anything (he has 3 teeth) and just as we have told him he needs to do, make his presence known with all the happy squeals. Just this past weekend in church, I realized it's time to cut the cord and leave him in nursery, because he was talking non-stop. This my friends, is a huge deal to me. So, don't laugh when I say that next week, which just happens to be Mother's Day, I may cry when I drop him off at nursery. He loves to sit and play with his toys, talk and watch Disney with his sister, and eat books while Mommy tries to read them. He is such a joy to be around and is almost always happy. He is the definition of content and there are days that go by that I can honestly say he doesn't fuss one bit. He has added such a wonderful dynamic to our family and we are so, so blessed to call him ours!
Here's to the start of a beautiful month!
No comments:
Post a Comment