Saturday, May 28, 2016

She's Got Her Big Girl Panties On.

I am such a proud Momma and am so happy to say that are sweet girl is potty trained! Once she was ready, it didn't take long and now I am only buying diapers for one of my babies!
I can't take much of the credit or any of the credit really, since it was Shawn that got her started. I was at work and he sent me a message to let me know that he was going for it. He set timers and took to the bathroom every 20 minutes, making her try each time and although there were a few accidents, a week later she was doing great and now we are almost a month in! We still do a pull-up at nap time and bed time, because I don't want to clean up wet sheets just yet, but she really is doing great. She wakes up dry from her nap and has been dry a majority of the time in the morning.























Don't get me wrong, this potty training thing hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies. Pooping in the potty has been the hardest thing, which is why we stopped trying a couple months ago, and she may or may not have had an accident as I was typing this. Since we started fresh, things have been much better and even though she sometimes still gets upset when she has to poop, she is instantly calmed when the process is over and she gets her reward. Chocolate. How fitting for our girl with the huge sweet tooth!
We are just so proud of how well she is doing and can't wait to see what she gets into next!

No comments:

Post a Comment