Sunday, June 12, 2016

An Anniversary Getaway


I can still remember the way I felt on this day, just 6 years ago. All nervous tears and giggles. White gown, a very itchy guarder and a beautiful bouquet of orange, yellow and greens. I practically had to drag my Dad down the isle, but we both knew that the perfect man was down there waiting for me.





















A couple months ago, Shawn asked me if I'd be ready to leave the kids for a few days, by the time our anniversary came around. I quickly said, yes, knowing that it would be the perfect time to let the kids spend time with Granny and Papa, while we were able to just be a couple. He made all the plans, which in itself is a gift. There is honestly nothing that makes me happier than a getaway that has been picked out by my Hubs.

He made dinner reservations at the Inn at Little Washington and planned for us to spend two nights at Flint Hill Public House. Both places did not disappoint.


Dinner at The Inn at Little Washington was absolutely perfect. From the delicious SEVEN course dinner, to the attentive staff, we couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. From the moment we walked in, we felt special. Our waiter guessed that we were celebrating our second wedding anniversary, which made us feel both young and old, as we told him we were actually celebrating our sixth. We enjoyed everything we ate and we were both pleasantly surprised that caviar was part of one of our favorite dishes. As dinner came to a close we asked for a kitchen tour, which if you ever find yourself dining there, I HIGHLY recommend. Shawn and I love watching cooking shows and it was such a neat experience to get a look at how a proper kitchen runs. Lets just say it was nothing like what we've seen on those hit TV shows.



The rest of our time was spent enjoying breakfast and dinner on the patio at Flint Hill Public house, with a morning of antiquing and an afternoon of hammock swinging. We also made a stop at Cooter's in the Country, a roadside dinner that is owned by Ben Jones, who actually starred in The Dukes of Hazard as, "Cooter,. We drive past this place every time we go camping and never knew the story behind it. Now that we do, we'll probably be making more stops in for a good BLT and ice cream!






No comments:

Post a Comment