Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Summer, SLOW DOWN!

I can hardly believe it's August. Better yet, that it is August 3rd, which means in exactly ONE month I will have TWO toddlers. I really want August to slow down, so I can savor these last 30 days of infancy. So hear me August, I want to enjoy your long days, late nights, family pool parties, and quality time just the 4 of us as much as possible, so lets make it happen.

Last month literally flew by. We started off the month by welcoming the newest addition to our family, our sweet niece, and things just kept rolling. The Hubs was gone for over half the month, which made for some pretty tough days for this Momma. With that being said, I was super excited when he offered to fly me to PORTUGAL for a weekend getaway, just the two of us, midway through his three weeks of travel. I guess what I should say is I was super excited once I got there. I had so much anxiety about leaving the kids and being able to pump enough while I was gone (Happy World Breastfeeding Week) so that I could continue to nurse when I got home, that fear almost kept me from making the flight. However, with prayer and encouragement from family and friends, I jumped on the plane and let me tell you, it was amazing and so worth it!




Shortly after I got back from Europe, the Hubs was back home and we were all off on a family vacation to the Outer Banks. It was perfect wind down time for all of us and I loved that we got to share it with my family. Our kids are so loved by their Granny, Papa, Aunties and Uncles and being able to make memories with them is something that I treasure.






















Now that we're up to speed on the craziness that was July, let me catch you up on our Bean. He is a mover and a shaker! A waving, high-5 giving, wants to be in everything 11 month old that has completely stolen our hearts. He still doesn't sleep great a night, although the time he had with Granny while I was a way did help tremendously in that department, but he takes great naps! He eats everything and loves his Momma and his "personal milk supply" as his Daddy would say. I love watching him, watch his sister and it's so fun to watch him play independently while I'm getting things done around the house. He loves the water and as we learned this week, he loves sand too. He does great in the car and for the most part is the chillest dude I know, although he doesn't like getting new teeth which is now has 9 of! He has learned to climb up stairs, which he may or may not have taken a tumble down, and he is just starting to cruise on furniture. However, I'd be happy if he held off on walking, since I have a feeling he is going to have us running in all sorts of directions. His best friend is his sister and he loves snuggling with his blanket. He's our little man and we love him so.

So, here's to long August days that lead to peaceful August nights. To family time and embracing the mess that is life with our two crazy kiddos. To slowing down and savoring all life's precious moments.

Happy August, Y'all!







No comments:

Post a Comment