This year, I'm declaring it to be a year of savoring. The word savor stuck out to me in a line from a book I started reading last fall and have on my list of 12 books that I'm hoping to read this year...
"Grace, and only grace, offers us a way to step off that wheel - a deep breath, a place to rest, and the opportunity to slow down and SAVOR what truly matters."
- Emily Ley, Grace not Perfection
So there it is friends, I'm calling it. Last year, there were a whole lot of moments that I saw as failures when really it was just life. My perfectly, imperfect life. I'm tired of the high standards that I set for myself as a mom. I'm tired of working so hard and feeling like I am still failing. I'm tired of getting angry with myself and then in turn coming unglued in front of my kids. I want to break this chain that has slowly been wrapping itself around me to be instagram/pinterest/facebook perfect and truly SAVOR all the good that God has put in my life. Because the fact of the matter is, we serve a good God and He wants us to enjoy the life He has for us, not 10, 20, 30 years or eternity from now, but RIGHT NOW. So friends, near and far, I challenge you to do the same. To savor what the Lord has given you and to hold me accountable when I start slipping.
| Picture from our family trip to Florida this past October because it's cold and kind of snowing and I just really love Disney World. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment