Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Meeting Ethan!

Shawn and I had been planning to go home this past Sunday and Monday, but last Tuesday when we got the phone call that we'd been giving the greatest gift, a nephew, our plans quickly changed from a normal trip home to a celebration! Kim and Markus, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, had been waiting 6 years to be parents and their wait was up. They'd been chosen to be the parents of a bouncing baby boy!

On Sunday, my Dad had been planning to have a fish fry, so it turned into the perfect way to welcome the newest addition to our family, Ethan Christian Lange. As soon as my sister-in-law walked in the door carrying that little bundle of joy, tears started flowing. I was so overwhelmed with joy that I couldn't help it, plus my hormones are just a wee bit out of whack. 

With that being said, Ethan is perfect and Kim and Markus are going to make great parents. I could not be more happy for them and I am so thankful that we get to journey into parenthood together! Here's to bigger and much noisier family functions.

Shawn decided to snap a few pictures of me and my bump while the sun was setting.

24 weeks, 3 days
Love my baby bump!

Dad getting everything ready for the Fish Fry!









And here he is, Ethan Christian Lange!

Ethan and Uncle Shawn!
He's already a charmer







Mom had to take a turn with the little guy!
Allison and Ethan



Love this little guy already!


Daddy

Mommy


He loves his Mommy!


Could he be anymore perfect?!?

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." - James 1:17







2 comments:

  1. He is precious! So excited for your family :-D
    And you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, he really is perfect! And thanks for the compliment, I really have loved being pregnant thus far, so we'll see if it continues! You of course make pregnancy look good! Can't wait to see you in a couple next weekend! :)

      Delete