Along: 21 weeks!
Size: This week our little nugget is the size of a banana. He or she is still practicing swallowing and since taste buds have developed, can now taste what I am eating! So, I need to make sure to vary what I'm eating, because research shows that my baby will be more eager to eat the foods later on that I eat while the baby is in utero. So bring on the fruits and vegetables!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the official number is 6 pounds. I met another physician in my primary OB's practice and he seemed to think that was ok, so if they are ok with it, then I'm ok with it!
Maternity Clothes: Still rocking my normal clothes, at least most of them. I have a few pairs of "skinny" jeans that no longer fit, but most of my stuff fits, so I'm rolling with it. I'm thinking that in the next couple of weeks I'll have to venture into the maternity section of stores.
Gender: All I have to say this week is that I'm just excited to meet Little Luda. Boy or girl, this Nugget is going to be so loved!
Movement: Tons of movement and I love it!
Sleep: It's hit or miss, but I'm feeling pretty good, so I'll take what I can get.
Cravings: I can't really pinpoint anything in particular, but if I had to give it a go I'd say, potato chips, Greek yogurt, chocolate milk (this seems to be a regular), and apples.
Symptoms: I pee a lot. Two nights ago, Shawn even made a comment about it because I went to the bathroom twice in a 20 minute span. My legs are more sore after I run or walk a good distance and I'm hungry, really hungry. Not sure if that counts as a symptoms, but I'm definitely experiencing extreme hunger! And last, but certainly not least, heartburn...way too much heartburn.
What I'm Thankful For: I'm so thankful for all the friends and family that helped us pack up and move our apartment into our new temporary home in our friends', the Detweiler's, basement. We are especially thankful for everyone that worked so hard to get the basement in move in ready shape. We've settled in and feel at home already. Thanks everyone!
Best Moment of the Week: As we drove away from our apartment on Monday it was a bittersweet moment and I made it all the way to the front of our friends' home before I started to cry. The apartment was our first home as husband and wife. Where we started our journey together. We have so many memories in that little apartment and it feels like the past 3 years have just flown by. However, I know that we have so many more good memories in store and I'm looking forward to our next big move at the beginning of October!
No comments:
Post a Comment