Thursday, September 26, 2013

29 Weeks!

Hello Belly Button!

Little Luda is definitely growing in there!

Along: 29 weeks! Our butternut squash! : )

Size: Little Luda is 2.5 pounds and just over 15 inches long. Our Nugget's muscles and lungs are continuing to grow and his/her head is growing bigger to make room for that developing brain. You know Little Luda is going to be  a smart cookie, just like Mom and Dad! ; )

Total Weight Gain/Loss: The official number is 14 pounds according to my appointment that I had late this morning. I'm thinking more like 15 to 16 pounds. Little Luda's heart rate was nice and strong and I'm measuring just shy of 29 weeks, so the doctor doesn't seem concerned, which makes me happy!
Maternity Clothes: Still using a mixture of both.

Gender: The big reveal is quickly approaching! I can't wait to see our Nugget's face!

Movement: As active as ever! I've also started to notice that Little Luda gets the hiccups pretty frequently and considering I get them every other day, this doesn't surprise me!

Sleep: This week it has actually been pretty good. Since I have been off from work I have been able to make time to sleep as much as possible and of course take tons of power naps.

Cravings: Food. I have been eating a lot lately, which explains the weight gain. Trying to keep my choices balanced, but it was hard for me before pregnancy so I don't know what made me think it would be easier when I was pregnant.

Symptoms: Still having hip and back pain, but other than that I have felt great this week!

Best Moment of the Week: This week has been fabulous and of course has flown by. So much went on in the last 7 days, that I'm just going to give a brief recap of all our activities. On Friday we drove down to Fredericksburg and got to watch Allison cheer at her high school football game. The cougars won and Allison did an awesome job cheering them onto victory! On Saturday morning Little Luda and I ran a 5K with my brother, Luke, and his soon to be wife, Katie. We finished in just under 35 minutes and I have to admit I was pretty impressed with myself. After the race, Katie and I drove down to Raleigh, North Carolina for my cousin Jennifer's bachelorette party. We had a great time celebrating her and her upcoming marriage to Mr. Casey Thompson. I have to admit though, I LOVED all the girl time that Katie and I shared during our 7 hours of driving. Lets just say I am really lucky to be calling her my sister! On Sunday, we spent time with family at my parents house, watched the Skins game ( 0-3...not the best start) and then drove to our townhouse which is finished! Shawn and I got to walk through it completely finished together for the first time and we didn't want to leave, it's perfect and seeing it complete made it really feel like home. The official final walk through was on Monday and it's hard to believe that we go to closing NEXT WEEK!

Tuesday was my birthday and I felt so blessed and loved. I had breakfast with my birthday twin and roomie, Nicole and then went off to a Mommy-to-be massage that Nicole blessed me with. It was fabulous and I definitely hinted to Shawn that I may need another before the end of this pregnancy. That evening Shawn and I went out to dinner and just reflected on all that God has done in our lives this past year. If I had asked myself 5 years ago if I thought I'd be married to my best friend with our first blessing on the way and getting ready to close on our first home, I probably would have laughed, but God is good and he has truly blessed us. This past year I feel like I have changed so much and I know that God has so much in store for me.

Here's to starting year 26 off with a bang!
With all that was going on I didn't do a good job at taking pictures, but I did take a few pictures of Luke and Katie for Luke's FCA brochure. So here's a look at the beautiful couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment