Friday, September 20, 2013

Hello Third Trimester

Sorry this is coming out a day late, my pregnant brain got distracted yesterday and didn't get around to uploading pictures until today, so here we go!

Shawn took these last night before an impromptu dinner date, look at the belly!



















Along: 28 weeks!

Size: Little Luda is about 2 1/4 pounds, measures about 14.8 inches and is the size of a large eggplant. Our Nugget is able to blink his or her eyes and billions of neurons are developing in Little Luda's brain. Our Nugget is also packing on the fat in preparation for the outside world. Hopefully we have a chunky monkey, because it's going to be cold when our precious baby makes his or her appearence into the world! 12 weeks and counting!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: My guess would be 15 pounds.


Maternity Clothes: I'm down to only wearing maternity pants. I actually tried to put on my regular skinny jeans, just to see, and Shawn and I both had a good laugh. I got them on, but zipping them up all the was was an impossibilty. With that being said, I can still wear a mixture of maternity and non-maternity tops and most of my non-maternity dresses still fit, so for now, we have wardrope options...for now. : )

Gender: I really have no idea at this point and usually I don't even think about it unless someone asks, which happens a lot these days because there is no hiding that I have a baby growing in my tummy. Even the kids at work are starting to be bold and ask, "Is there a baby in your tummy?" It's the sweetest thing.

Movement: Tons and tons and I LOVE it! I'm starting to see body parts rub across my belly and it is just wild. Definitely the most amazing feeling in the world.

Sleep: It's been hit or miss this past week, but today starts a 7 day stretch of days off from the hospital, so hopefully I will be able to do some catching up.

Cravings: Anything banana ( I FINALLY got my banana milkshake), celery and

Symptoms: I wake up most mornings/evenings with hip pain, but usually once I get moving and the Nugget does a little moving around in there, the pain subsides. I definitely seem to be carrying low. I've also had a few days of pain shooting down my left leg, aka Sciatic Nerve pain, I'm hoping that this isn't something that becomes a regular occurance, but if it does, I'll take it for a healthy baby!

Best Moment of the Week: On Saturday we got to celebrate our favorite "Little Roomie" turning 1! It has been such a joy living with our friends and seeing all the love that they share between the 3 of them as a family. I can only hope that our Little Luda is just as fun-loving as our "Little Roomie!" Here's a cute shot that Shawn took before the party started...he was practicing his serious face!












The Baby Besties (Liz 33 weeks, Me 28 weeks)

Our hilarious husbands, wanted a picture taken with their,"bumps!" (Tom and Shawn)


No comments:

Post a Comment