Thursday, September 5, 2013

26 weeks! Cool as a Cucumber : )

I've been cool as a cucumber...or at least I'm trying to be!
Pregnancy has been a scary thing for me. Since the moment we found out we were expecting I have been in constant prayer for peace and comfort. That God would take away my fears and anxieties, knowing that He was the one who had blessed us with Little Luda and who's control my entire pregnancy is in. It's not always easy and honestly there are days where all I can do is worry, but I know that God has His hands wrapped around our little blessing and that no matter what is in store for us, that God is good...all the time.


 

Along: 26 weeks! We're into double digit days! 

Size: Little Luda is 14 inches long and weighs 1.75 lb, about the size of a hothouse cucumber. Grow baby, grow! Our Nugget's brain and lungs are much more developed and it is likely that our baby can now detect light and dark through the optic nerve. Our baby can also hear more and may even be able to hear Shawn's voice as he talks/sings to Little Luda! In terms of our little one's lungs, he or she is continuing to inhale and exhale small amounts of amniotic fluid which is good practice for when Little Luda takes that first gulp of air! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm going to say 12-13 pounds. I have my glucose test next week and will continue to go to my OB every 2 weeks, so I will have another official number then. My belly is definitely growing though and even strangers are starting to feel the need to touch it. Most of the time this doesn't bother me, but sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. Maybe I should buy the shirt I saw that says, "Unless you put it there, don't touch it!" 


Maternity Clothes: Still using a mixture of both. Most of my pre-pregnancy clothes that still work have some form of stretch to them. 

Gender: I feel like I may be having a change of heart. Which all the blue energy being thrown my way, I can't help but think that we may have a baby boy growing in my tummy. Either way I got a 50/50 shot of being right. One thing I do know, Little Luda is going to adorable and so loved.

Movement: I love feeling our Nugget move. This past week at church we had an entire service of worship, which the whole Ludeker family, including Little Luda, LOVED. Our Nugget didn't stop moving the entire service and loved the idea that Little Luda was worshiping right along with Mommy and Daddy!

Sleep: I honestly can't remember the last time I slept through the night. With the trips to the bathroom and now back/hip pain, I just don't think it is going to happen again for me for a while. With that being said...I LOVE morning, afternoon, evening, basically anytime naps!

Cravings: Cereal (especially anything cinnamon flavored), Frozen Yogurt, Fresh Veggies/Fruit and Pizza. I've also been craving a banana milkshake for a long time and have yet to satisfy that craving...maybe this weekend I will make it happen! On another note, I have been feeling increasingly guilty with my food choices. I've always been one to eat and eat a lot, so I don't know how I expected that to change when I got pregnant. Either way I know that I need to make healthy choices for me and Little Luda, so here's to hoping I can do just that over the next 14 weeks. I don't want anyone to hold me accountable though. ;)

Symptoms: The usual heartburn, leg cramps and small bladder.This week I also started having some lower back pain and hip pain. I know part of that has to do with long nights of work and not stretching properly, so hopefully I can modify my stretch routine and help a little bit with the muscle pain. If that doesn't work, my birthday is coming up, so maybe I can convince someone to schedule me a prenatal massage...O, Shawn! ;)

Best Moment of the Week: I'm not sure if this was my "best" moment, but it was a funny moment that I shared with my Hubby. On Labor Day we decided that it would be a good idea to go for a bike ride. I haven't been on a "real" bike since being pregnant, I've ridden stationary bikes at the gym, but I didn't think anything of it. Little did I know that my equilibrium was going to be WAY off. In an attempt to brake, I instead slowly rolled right into a ditch, but I did have time to get both feet on the ground and cause no harm to myself or our Nugget. However, after that Shawn made me practice braking before I we got on the trail with all the legit bikers. He kept saying he felt like he was teaching his child to ride a bike again. Once I got back in the swing of things, I was fine and me and Little Luda survived our first bike ride together. I think it might have been harder on Daddy than on me though!
 


Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment