Emerson hasn't been up to much these past few weeks. She sleeps, eats and relieves herself, which includes spitting up. She has been spitting up a lot actually, which we were initially concerned about. I of course was worried that she was loosing too much of her meal, but since her appointment revealed that she has gained nearly a pound since birth, she weighs 8 pounds 11 ounces and is 21 inches long, we don't have to worry about her not getting enough to eat. In fact, we are going to try and make her wait 3 hours between each feeding and see if all her spitting up is due to the fact that she doesn't know when to stop eating. I wonder where she got her love for food and overeating?!? ; )
With all that being said I have been really blessed with nursing. She latched on right away at the hospital, which is always a worry, and I have been producing so much breast milk that I am having to pump and have already formed a little stock pile. Daddy is anxious to get to bottle feed her, so once we get through this first month he is going to get his go at feeding her.
Her sleep habits, well I wouldn't call them habits because lets face it she doesn't have any habits just yet, are different everyday. Some days she naps great during the day and sleep 3-4 hours at night and sometimes she hates napping during the day. Thankfully she has been pretty good about giving Mommy and Daddy 3-4 hour stretches of sleep at night, but I'm hoping that once we get a more regular feeding pattern that she will form more regular sleeping habits. Sleep, eat, play and sleep is the schedule we are going for (Baby Wise), so we'll see if how things go in the next few weeks!
Here are some pictures from the Doctor's office visit! She was such a good girl!
Happy New Years Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment