I can hardly believe that Christmas has come and gone already! With Emerson being born just before the big holiday, time definitely seemed to speed up and before we knew it, we were eating leftover turkey and taking down decorations. With that being said, we had a fabulous holiday at home. Shawn's "paternity" leave had finally started and we spent lots of time at home with our girl. Both of our families made trips to see us, the Ludekers on Christmas Eve and the Sellers on Christmas Day, and we were so blessed to be able to celebrate Emerson's first Christmas with them.
"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.'"
Luke 2:10-11
Now that I have a daughter, I am amazed at the love of our Father. I thought I understood it, but I didn't truly understand it, and I still may not, until I held my daughter in my arms. The love I have for her is unlike anything I have ever experienced and as we celebrated Christmas this year, I appreciated so much more, the true meaning of the season; the gift of Jesus, our Savior.
Here are a few pictures from our Holiday with family. We are so blessed!
On Christmas Eve, Shawn made his first Turkey and Emerson got to meet her Great-Aunt Pat, Great-Uncle Mark and Cousin Katherine. Later that evening we spent time with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Keith, opening presents. Let me just say, I'm pretty sure I opened more presents that were for Emerson than were for me. Guess I better get used to that! She is spoiled already and I wouldn't have it any other way. Not that I have a choice! : )
Now that I have a daughter, I am amazed at the love of our Father. I thought I understood it, but I didn't truly understand it, and I still may not, until I held my daughter in my arms. The love I have for her is unlike anything I have ever experienced and as we celebrated Christmas this year, I appreciated so much more, the true meaning of the season; the gift of Jesus, our Savior.
Here are a few pictures from our Holiday with family. We are so blessed!
On Christmas Eve, Shawn made his first Turkey and Emerson got to meet her Great-Aunt Pat, Great-Uncle Mark and Cousin Katherine. Later that evening we spent time with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Keith, opening presents. Let me just say, I'm pretty sure I opened more presents that were for Emerson than were for me. Guess I better get used to that! She is spoiled already and I wouldn't have it any other way. Not that I have a choice! : )
On Christmas Day Granny and Papa came up to visit as well as Aunt Katie, Uncle Luke, Aunt Alli and Jason. Once again Emerson was spoiled with lots of goodies and we had a great time celebrating with my family.
| Love this picture of Emerson and Daddy! |
| Santa came! O wait, that's just Granny! ; ) |
On Christmas Day we asked my brother and his soon-to-be wife to be Emerson's god-parents. We are so proud of the life that they are living and couldn't have two better people to come along side us as we seek the Lord's best for little Miss Emerson!
No comments:
Post a Comment