Along: 39 weeks! We're the size of a mini-watermelon! And here I thought we would be getting to meet our sweet baby sooner, rather than later. I'm thinking this baby is hanging in there until the end!
Size: Our Nugget is weighing in at about 7.25 pounds and is roughly 20 inches long. Our baby is continuing to build a layer of fat, which I am sure I have been helping with due to ALL the holiday goodies I have been over-indulging in, and the vernix and lanugo are nearly completely gone. My placenta is working extra hard to provide antibodies to help protect our Nugget from infections in the outside world, which is good seeing as we are getting to the peak of the dreaded flu season! I hope you all got your flu shots!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 29 pounds. If I am honest, this is more than I wanted to gain. I was hoping to be around 25 pounds, but at this point what can I do! I have a feeling all the sweets I have been eating may or may not be a factor. Ooops!
Maternity Clothes: Love them.
Gender: Seeing as we are getting to the final countdown I am going to make my last and final guess at the baby's gender and say girl. Shawn and I are both on the same page with this one, but either way we are going to so happy when we can hold our Little Luda in our arms for the first time!
Movement: I'm going to say that movement is slowing down a bit, but they say that is normal. Our poor Nugget must be running out of room in there...you'd think that would give the baby incentive to make his or her appearance!
Sleep: I wake up a lot, but thankfully I am able to fall back to sleep pretty easily.
Exercise: Mainly walking, but throwing in a jog here and there. Nothing crazy though.
Cravings: Food, especially sweet food like pie, fudge, cookies.
Symptoms: Whelp, there hasn't been much change in the labor progression. I was hoping to be have some change at my appointment yesterday, but I'm still about 60% effaced and only 2 cm dilated. I had the dreaded induction talk with my doctor and it looks like if Little Luda hasn't made his or her appearance by next week, then we will be setting up an induction for December 17th. Prayers that he or she makes the big debut naturally would be greatly appreciated!
Best Moment of the Week: We set up our Christmas tree! Yay! I kept thinking that since Shawn and I are so in love with everything Christmas that having the tree set up would make our Nugget come right on out, but no such luck! He or she really likes it on the inside! : )
Size: Our Nugget is weighing in at about 7.25 pounds and is roughly 20 inches long. Our baby is continuing to build a layer of fat, which I am sure I have been helping with due to ALL the holiday goodies I have been over-indulging in, and the vernix and lanugo are nearly completely gone. My placenta is working extra hard to provide antibodies to help protect our Nugget from infections in the outside world, which is good seeing as we are getting to the peak of the dreaded flu season! I hope you all got your flu shots!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 29 pounds. If I am honest, this is more than I wanted to gain. I was hoping to be around 25 pounds, but at this point what can I do! I have a feeling all the sweets I have been eating may or may not be a factor. Ooops!
Maternity Clothes: Love them.
Gender: Seeing as we are getting to the final countdown I am going to make my last and final guess at the baby's gender and say girl. Shawn and I are both on the same page with this one, but either way we are going to so happy when we can hold our Little Luda in our arms for the first time!
Movement: I'm going to say that movement is slowing down a bit, but they say that is normal. Our poor Nugget must be running out of room in there...you'd think that would give the baby incentive to make his or her appearance!
Sleep: I wake up a lot, but thankfully I am able to fall back to sleep pretty easily.
Exercise: Mainly walking, but throwing in a jog here and there. Nothing crazy though.
Cravings: Food, especially sweet food like pie, fudge, cookies.
Symptoms: Whelp, there hasn't been much change in the labor progression. I was hoping to be have some change at my appointment yesterday, but I'm still about 60% effaced and only 2 cm dilated. I had the dreaded induction talk with my doctor and it looks like if Little Luda hasn't made his or her appearance by next week, then we will be setting up an induction for December 17th. Prayers that he or she makes the big debut naturally would be greatly appreciated!
Best Moment of the Week: We set up our Christmas tree! Yay! I kept thinking that since Shawn and I are so in love with everything Christmas that having the tree set up would make our Nugget come right on out, but no such luck! He or she really likes it on the inside! : )
| Just over 38 weeks in this picture...getting ready to deck the halls! |
No comments:
Post a Comment