I'm thankful that I have a more than amazing Dad. A Dad who loved and supported me, my brother and sister through all of life's ups and downs and still does. He taught me about life and was an example of the family man that I knew I wanted to lead my family one day. When I married Shawn I knew that he would not only make the perfect husband for me, but I knew that one day he would be the Dad that I always hoped and prayed my future children would have. A Dad, who was like mine, sensitive and loving, but strong and tough when he needed to be.
At this point, I couldn't be more proud to say that my Nugget is a Daddy's girl. From day one she has loved to be close to her Daddy and who can blame her, he is an AMAZING Dad! Sure he had his moments, like when he would tell everyone that she was sleeping great during those first few weeks, but it was really that HE was sleeping great! However, he has more than made up for his habit of heavy sleeping with the heavy amount of love he drowns our daughter in. The way she looks at him is priceless, but the way he looks at her melts my heart and I'm thankful that she will know what is like to be cherished and loved long before she's ever interested in the dreaded...boy! I fear the day she tries to tell Shawn that she has a crush.
Shawn took on the role of being a dad with such ease and I swear he could change a diaper, make a bottle and get our girl laughing faster than I can. He loves her, sings to her and plays with her better than I ever thought possible. She has him wrapped around her little finger and the funny thing is, I don't think he would have it any other way.
To all the Daddy's out there...Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment