Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Disney World Recap!

Holy smokes, I can't even believe that it has been a month and half since we took our little family on vacation to Florida. I feel like we got back and I have been playing catch up ever since, BUT I'm finally getting my act together. Going through pictures, picking my favorites for our photo books and putting together a few Christmas gifts with all our fun memories. I know, Christmas, can you believe it!?! Just 17 days and 3 Hours!

So, here is the skinny. Disney is EXHAUSTING, in the best way possible. We are, and I hope we will forever be, a Disney Mom and Dad, but pacing yourself through the week is so important and I'm glad we took the extra time to have a few days of rest between all the busyness that comes with going to Disney world. With that being said, here are my top TEN favorite memories from our trip.


10. Eating a Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. I know this seems silly, but Shawn has wanted to eat there since the first time we went to Disney together in 2013, so it was so fun to finally make that happen. Also, I crushed it at the trivia questions and was only stumped by one... Ginny's last name, anyone?



9. Our girl doing guard duty for Pluto! She was even offered a job, which I am sure she would gladly take due to her love of collecting "monies" for her piggy bank.

8. Halloween at Magic Kingdom. We got the kids dressed like Woody and Jessie and stayed for the ticketed event, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The kids were out by the end of the Halloween parade, so we didn't make it to the fireworks show, but we still had a blast. Supposedly the fireworks are amazing, so it looks like we will have to make another October trip!


7. Meeting the Princesses. When we met our first princess, Pocahontas, our sweet girl was a little hesitant, but once she loosened up, she would lite up when she saw a new friend and boldly walk to get each character's signature and pose for pictures. However, when she met Aurora for the second time at Epcot her statement to me was, "I don't like her too much. I like Rapunzel better." Clearly the girl knows what and who she likes!


6. The FOOD at Epcot. This was the second year that we have been to Disney during the International Food and Wine Festival and let me tell, Disney does not disappoint on this one!




5. Sawyer and Papa bonding. It started when we sat to watch Lion King at Animal Kingdom and continued on from there. As soon as the show started he started getting nervous and immediately reached for my Dad. It's like he knew he was safe in Papa's arms and from then on kept going to him anytime he was scared on a ride. It was the cutest.





















4. Watching our girl become a princess for the day. We had to sneak her in to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique since you "technically" have to be 3, but it was totally worth it. She was so well behaved and totally took on the role of princess Elena. In fact, that role still continues as she refers to herself as the Princess and to me as, "Queen Mama.'





3. Kali River Rapids. Sweet cheeks first big ride and she LOVED it. We had Fast passes for this one and because of that she got to ride it twice in a row, since we took turns with my parents sitting with Bean while he was snoozing!

2. My parents being kids again...

Exhibit A -

And then this bike ride! We were all laughing so much, it was hysterical.


1. And #1...the look on Sweet cheeks face when she saw Anna and Elsa walk out on stage during the Friendship Fare performance at Magic Kingdom. Pure joy was how I would describe it and honestly, her face brought tears to my eyes. It was a moment, a look, that I will never forget and am so grateful we were able to experience together.


Until Next Time Disney!




No comments:

Post a Comment