Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mango Baby!

We stole this chair for the picture from our miniature roommate...hope he doesn't mind! ; )




Along: 23 weeks!

Size: Little Luda is 11 inches long and weighing in at just over a pound, about the size of a mango. At this point he or she can feel me move, so it looks like I need to start having regular dance parties! Really it's only fair because I can DEFINITELY feel our Nugget moving around in my belly and I love it! Blood vessels in our baby's lungs are developing to prepare the baby for breathing and the sounds our baby can pick up are preparing him or her for entry into our crazy busy/loud world!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I think I am coming in close to the 10 lbs mark. With all the eating, especially the ice cream, that really doesn't surprise me at all! I'm trying to keep my diet balanced, but I'll admit is can be really hard. As long as me and Little Luda are healthy, that's all I care about!


Maternity Clothes:  My Mom bought me a belly band this week and I LOVE it! I'm hoping to do some shopping for clothes here soon because my shirts are starting to ride up my baby bump. Have I mentioned how much I love my baby bump?!?

Gender: Everyone around me thinks I have a little boy growing in my belly, so I guess I should swing my vote to the blue side, but I'll stick with girl. Either way in 17 weeks we will be holding our precious baby and I just can't wait to meet our Nugget!

Movement: We're starting to see little movements from the outside, which I think is so cool. Shawn can usually stand to feel the baby move around for about a minute and then he starts to get a little weary. He feels like Little Luda is going to bust out of me! I know this sensation is only going to increase as time passes, but feeling our Little Luda move is the best feeling I have ever known, so I'm excited!

Sleep: This weekend was pretty busy with me working and then making a trip down to North Carolina, so in a 48 hour period I only got about 6 hours of sleep, which was rough. With that I take what sleep I can get at night and take as many naps as me and Little Luda require. 

Cravings: Strawberries, Peaches, Chocolate and Chex Mix. 

Symptoms: Heartburn, leg cramps, general muscle fatigue and a small bladder.

What I'm Thankful For: This beautiful weather...among many other things! The weather this past week has been gorgeous and I'm so thankful that the Lord blessed us with beautiful days!

Best Moment of the Week: On Sunday afternoon Shawn and I drove to Annapolis, Maryland and spent the evening exploring the Sailing Capital of the World. We stayed in a Historic Inn and then toured the USNA on Monday morning before heading back home. Having some time to relax, with no schedule to follow, was just what the two of us needed. We talked, laughed and even started reading a new book together. It was perfect.


 
Love these next two pictures!














2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And I love reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Hope that you and your Hubby are doing well!

      Delete