Thursday, March 19, 2015

Avocado Baby

One of my favorites! And it used to be one of Big Sister's favorites until she developed the ability to really chew and now she loves anything with a crunch! I feel like this pregnancy is going by a bit faster than when I was pregnant with Em. I know we still have a while to do, 24 weeks to be exact, but since we are heading into summer and there are so many vacations and fun things to look forward to, I feel like time is going to fly!

Along: 16 weeks

Size: This week our Luda Bean's extremities are becoming more defined and he or she is getting better at controlling movements; all to prepare for kicking and punching Mommy! I can't wait for that! Sweet baby's skeletal system is also becoming more developed and he or she will double in weight over the next couple weeks, so I guess I should be prepared for more weight gain!


Total Weight Gain/Loss:  About 7 or 8 pounds. 

Maternity Clothes: My Mom and I have been a doing a little shopping here and there and I have started to collect a pretty good summer maternity wardrobe. Something that I found really important when I was pregnant was Em was feeling like I looked cute, by wearing clothes that faltered the bump, so that is the plan this time around too!

Gender: Shawn is officially on the boy train. He says he just has a feeling. I think I am still on the girl train, but at our last appointment Luda Bean's heart rate was hanging out at 150, so it has been getting slower since the start. I also feel like I am carrying a bit different, but that may just be because I am showing sooner than what I did with Em. Either way, only time will tell!

Movement: Still waiting. I have a had a few bad cases of the bubbles that could have been mistaken as movement, but I'm pretty sure I will know the difference. I mean I've done this before, so I'm an expert, right?!?! 

Sleep:  Can't complain about sleep at the moment. Now that I am getting along into my second trimester, my energy is returning and I am feeling pretty peppy. I won't deny myself the occasional nap though. 

Exercise: Another week of beautiful weather, meant lots of outdoor time. Or as much as possible. Staying active was key with my first pregnancy, so I'm planning on keeping my legs moving as long as is safe and healthy for me and Luda Bean. 

Cravings: I have been eating an abnormal amount of BLTs lately. I guess I should make an Avocado BLT to represent our Luda Bean

Symptoms: Another week of feeling pretty great. I've had evening heartburn more frequently this week, but again it hasn't been too unbearable. 

Best Moment of the Week: On Monday we had a beautiful day. I was able to go for a run and then met up with Shawn and Em at the park. It was beautiful out and we loved getting to see our girl play outside in the sun. We got slurpees, grilled out and I even had to wash big girl's hands before dinner because they were so dirty from playing outside. It was a perfect day. 





 Emerson wanted in on the Avocado pictures too! She's going to be such a good big sister! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment