Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lemon Baby

Along: 14 weeks...we think! This pregnancy started off a little different than with Em. At our first doctor's appointment, they though the baby should have measured around 7 weeks on Ultrasound, but Bean was only measuring 5 weeks. This was concerning, but we saw several good signs including the pull of little ones heart, so we went back exactly a week later and little one had grow to 6 weeks, 4 days. At that point we stuck to a 9/10 due date, but at our last ultrasound baby was measuring 13 weeks, 5 days, a week bigger than what my due date would have predicted, so our due date was changed to 9/3 and here we are. Started off, "small," and now we are right back to being on track. 

Size: Baby is the size of a lemon, 3.4 inches long and 1.5 ounces in weight. Baby is starting to have a well defined face and may even start growing hair! Baby's boy or girl parts are also starting to develop this week! It amazing to me that most of the critical parts of baby's organ systems have already developed. The way God created our bodies is beyond amazing to me. Grow baby, grow!


Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I'm going to guess I'm up about 5 pounds. I gained about 30 pounds with Em, so I'd love to stick around that number again.

Maternity Clothes: None yet, but since my bigger months with be in the summer this go around I am looking forward to doing a little shopping with my Mom this weekend for me and our new little one!

Gender: A big question mark! Like with Em, we aren't going to find out the gender. We have gone back and forth on this, but think that it is going to be just as wonderful as with Em to wait and find out whether we are going to have a Son or Daughter. Either way, we will be beyond excited!

Movement: This is by far one of my favorite things about pregnancy, but I'll have to wait a little longer! We are both hoping that this little one is just as active as Em was in my womb. 

Sleep:  It's definitely harder to catch those naps this time around, but an early bedtime is helping with that. For now my sleep depends on Em, if she sleeps, I sleep, so we're doing good so far. I was beyond exhausted during my first trimester, but I can already feel a difference in my energy levels. 

Exercise: I plan on running just as much with Luda Bean as I did the first time around. It has been harder so far, because of our wonderful winter, so I'm really looking forward to spring weather so me and Em can get back outside. 


Cravings: I wouldn't say I have cravings...yet, but I have been drinking more lemonade and orange juice, so I guess I will say citrus/sour things are my favorites at the moment. 

Symptoms: I'm more likely to get motion sickness in the car and if I let my self get too hungry I get nauseous. Other than that and being way more tired, I feel pretty much the same as I normally would.

Best Moment of the Week: We got to see Bean on Tuesday! Shawn was able to be off work, so all 3 of us went to the ultrasound. It was so fun to look at our sweet baby;s features and 
start guessing whether we are having a boy or girl. Baby even looked right at us while we were having the ultrasound performed. I still can't believe we are in our 2nd trimester! 





No comments:

Post a Comment