We're 24 weeks! This is a big week medically speaking, because we have reached viability. Not that we would ever want to deliver our sweet baby anytime soon; I'd prefer to wait at least 14 more weeks, but at this point doctors and medical staff have the abilities of saving our baby if anything were to happen. Enough of the sad/scary. This week our sweet Luda Bean is the size of corn on the cob, weighing roughly 1.32 pounds and measuring about 11.81 inches. I feel like Luda Bean is going to be a big baby, but maybe that is just because I am putting on weight faster than I did with my first pregnancy and I am pretty sure that I am going to surpass the weight that I gained with Em. With that being said I am just trying to focus on being as healthy as I can without giving into urge to eat everything in sight. I'm still trying to run/walk at least 3 times a week, but this sweet baby is hanging out very low and is already making exercise a bit uncomfortable. Regardless I have been working as hard as I can, at my own pace and trying to maintain at least 10ish miles a week! So far, so good! As far as what is happening with Bean on the inside. He/She is practicing breathing by taking in amniotic fluid. Strengthen those lungs sweet baby! Baby's inner ear is also developed so being able to tell whether or not she's/he's upside down or right side up is a possibility. Bean's favorite times to move are first thing in the morning and in the evening when I am settling down. This week Shawn was talking to the Baby and asked to feel kicks if the baby was a boy...of course the baby kicked and now Shawn is certain that we are having a boy. If his theory holds true, he will not let me live it down! He tried the next night saying girl and said the baby waited too long to kick for it to be accurate. Boy or girl we just want the baby to keep growing and be a healthy Bean. So grow, baby grow! I'm writing this post as we are getting ready to leave to go camping tomorrow, so nothing fun or exciting in terms of pictures. I promise to have a more adequate post for you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment