Along: 22 weeks
Size: This week we have a baby that is the size of a spaghetti squash, measuring close to 11 inches and is officially counting for at least a pound of my pregnancy weight gain. Lips, eyelids and eyebrows are all becoming more distinct and tooth buds are developing beneath babies gums. Baby's eyes have also formed, although they iris still lacks pigment. Maybe Luda Bean will have Mommy's green eyes! I'm pretty sure I said that exact same thing when I was pregnant with Em, but she got the beautiful blue eyes.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm coming in close to 15 pounds. My OB doesn't seem concerned and told me that it would be OK if I gained up to 40 pounds. I of course, would like to stick to around 30 or 35, but I also just want a healthy baby and a healthy Mommy, so I'm allowing my body to do what it needs to for this time.
![]() |
| I'm getting bad with taking my fruit and veggie pictures already! Oops! |
Maternity Clothes: I am officially 100% in maternity bottoms. It was a sad realization, but I decided that I would save myself the torment of trying on my "regular" pants and just go straight to the stretchy jeans, leggings and running shorts. This baby is riding low already.
Gender: My initially instinct was girl, but I am feeling pretty wishy-washy. However, because of who my husband is I can not change my vote. He thinks boy, as do my Mom and several other family members. We'll just have to wait and see!
Movement: Just when I thought we were going to have a low-key baby in the womb, he/she is surprising us and being quite the active little one. I of course love this and had to giggle a little today when the baby was kicking big sister while she tried using my belly as a pillow.
Sleep: As long as Em sleeps, I sleep and that includes naps.
Exercise: This week has been so much better! I was able to take several walks and even went for a couple short runs. My legs are much more sore this go around, so I'm trying not to over do it, but at the same time trying not to get to unmotivated.
Cravings: Apples with Peanut Butter, which is a bitter/sweet thing. With Em's peanut allergy I have to wait until she is in bed to pull out the jar. We have had the same small jar since we found out about her allergy and we have slowly been eating it, knowing that we wouldn't buy it anymore once it was finished. Well this week I demolished what was left. Sad day.
Symptoms: I'm more sore than usually and have had more frequent headaches this week. Heart burn and crazy dreams occur on a daily basis. And my skin is really, really itchy which is why I have been lathering Belli oil on my tummy and lotion on my legs and back!
Best Moment of the Week: We got to see our sweet baby yesterday! He/She is growing beautifully and is measuring right on track, something that Em never did; she was always measuring a bit small, but turned out perfect. Even though Shawn and I have experienced parenthood and pregnancy once already, each ultrasound and doctor's appointment brings us a new wave of excitement. This baby and his or her life is going to change our lives in different ways than bringing home our sweet girl and we are so excited for the challenge. I have to admit it was soooo hard not to peek this go around. I think Shawn and I are more anxious now to find out about the sex of the baby, but we somehow want to have a boy and a girl. I boy so that we can experience having a son and a girl because I know that Em would have an amazing bond, most days, with a sister that close in age with her. Either way, we are over the moon excited for the summer to really kick off and for our sweet baby to make his/her debut in late August/Early September.
Happy Friday!
![]() |
| Sneak peek of our little Miss or Mister. Love this sweet baby already. |
![]() |
| A BIG hello from our Luda Bean! |
![]() |
| My view from the top! |
Happy Friday!




No comments:
Post a Comment